WHY DO DOGS END UP IN SHELTERS?
2. Landlord not allowing pets
3. Too many animals in household
4. Cost of pet maintenance
5. Owner having personal problems
6. Inadequate facilities
7. No homes available for litter mates
8. Having no time for pet
9. Pet illness(es)
CHARACTERISTICS OF DOGS BEING RELINQUISHED TO POUNDS:
• Majority of the surrendered dogs (47.7%) were between 5 mos. and 3 yrs. of age
• Majority of dogs (37.1%) had been owned from 7 mos. to 1 yr.
• Approximately half of the dogs (42.8%) surrendered were not neutered
• Many of the dogs relinquished (33%) had not been to a veterinarian
• Dogs relinquished from friends (31.4%) were relinquished in higher numbers than from any other sources
Facts & Figures
112 million pet dogs and cats are owned by Americans.
92% of American pet owners display pictures of their pets at home or work.
53% believe their animals would risk their lives to save their owners.
–Time Magazine, 6/7/99
DONATE NOW, PLEASE!- All donations are tax-deductible. STOP is all-volunteer!
|Help spay/neuter 2 pets||
|Help spay/neuter 3 pets||
|You choose the amount||
You choose $
Or Donate through Network for Good below: