DOG COOKIE RECIPES
Doggie Biscuit One
2 cups rye flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup warm water
1/2 cup white flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
- Mix well. You can add about 1/4 teaspoon of either vanilla or mint extract for extra flavor. Roll out to 1/4-inch thick. Cut into shapes. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- 3 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 cup Quaker oats
1 cup milk
1/2 cup hot water
2 beef or chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 cup meat drippings
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water. Add milk and drippings and beat.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and oatmeal. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Press onto an ungreased cookie sheet and cut into shapes desired. Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour. Turn off heat and leave in the oven to harden. Refrigerate after baking.
Dog Biscuits (Three)
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup nonfat powdered milk
1 teaspoon sugar (or less)
1 teaspoon salt (or less)
1 teaspoon beef or chicken bouillon granules
1/2 cup hot water
- In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in hot water. Cool to room temperature. Add remaining ingredients. Knead for three minutes or until dough forms a ball.
- Roll dough until 1/2-inches thick. Cut into dog bone shapes. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Debby’s Favorite (from STOP Volunteer Debby Foster)
Lucy, our 12-year-old Standard Schnauzer, insisted that I include this recipe in my recently published cookbook “Mountain Mornings”. She LOVES these treats and suggests you bake them often for YOUR dog.
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup margarine, cut into pieces
4 beef or chicken bouillon cubes (STOP note: or use vegetable ones for vegetarian cookies)
2 cups boiling water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 cup skim milk
2 large eggs
2 cups grated cheese (optional)
2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Measure oats into a medium bowl, top with pieces of margarine and the bouillon cubes. Pour in boiling water and let sit 10 minutes to dissolve the margarine and bouillon cubes. Mix well, then add whole wheat flour, cornmeal, sugar, milk, eggs and optional cheese. Add enough of the all purpose flour to make a stiff dough. Mix well, using hands if necessary.
- Roll out dough. The thinner the dough, the crisper the baked treats will be. Use bone- or cat-shaped cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Bake on prepared cookie sheets until hard, 5 to 15 minutes depending on how thin the dough is rolled. Remove from cookie sheets and cool completely.
Please donate if you can. All donations are tax-deductible. STOP is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) organization that has been paying to spay and neuter Alaska’s pets since 2002.
|Help spay/neuter 2 pets||$75|
|Help spay/neuter 3 pets||$100|
|You choose the amount||You choose|